Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emahaydock

Roku Home Screen changed - and eliminated all but 2 of my streaming services

After a 3 month absence, I returned to a TOTALLY changed Roku home screen on my Roku Express 4+.  Not only was it a different screen in terms of background color, images, etc - almost ALL of my streaming service icons were gone!  (Only Apple and Disney were left).  I've had to manually add each service back in - with frustratingly slow progress - each one takes over 2 minutes to load and I have fine wifi speed in my house.  And I've then had to sign-in to each streaming service AGAIN!!  What is the likely cause of this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Home Screen changed - and eliminated all but 2 of my streaming services

It sounds as if it's linked to a different Roku account or someone using a Roku device linked to the same account removed a bunch of channels - channels are linked to a Roku account, not a Roku device.  Check the email address displayed under Settings->System->About and then use that email address to log in at https://my.roku.com and scroll down to the list of linked devices to see if you recognize all of them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
emahaydock

Re: Roku Home Screen changed - and eliminated all but 2 of my streaming services

Thank you!  I will definitely check that out.  I  have more than one Roku device (at different homes) and I'm pretty sure I used different log-in info on them.  Should I have all my Roku devices sharing the same log-in credentials?  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That's up to you.  The advantage to having them all linked to the same Roku account is that anything purchased through Roku will be available on all of them.  The disadvantage is what you're potentially seeing with different users adding and removing channels affecting all of them.  If you subscribe to the various providers (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) directly and don't use Roku Pay then there's probably not a good reason to have them linked to the same account if they're being used by different people at different locations.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
emahaydock

I followed the above suggestions and found that both Roku accounts are registered to the same email address and I recognize both.  But just remembered that my Roku (at this house) was performing as it always had UNTIL I had a service person from our 'smart home' company make some in-person adjustments to one of our wifi access points.  It was then that my Roku lost most of the streaming service icons.  (I've been unable to schedule another app't with tech company - booked til the end of Jan).  Could this be a possible cause?

0 Kudos
emahaydock

Thanks for that thought - but the 2 Roku are only used by me (my husband is not tech literate... at all!)

0 Kudos