Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gliebisch
Level 7

Roku Express slow boot time

I have a Roku Express 3700X running version 4.13.1. I use only the Spectrum app to watch cable channels in a room without a cable box, and am generally happy with it, but the boot time from cold start of the TV set is what I consider LONG.   It's about 35 seconds to the menu screen and then another 35 seconds after I choose the Spectrum app before actual program appears.  My question: are there other models of Roku that boot any faster than this?  It's like the old days of waiting for the tubes to warm up!

GaryL
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Roku Express slow boot time

"gliebisch" wrote:
I have a Roku Express 3700X running version 4.13.1. I use only the Spectrum app to watch cable channels in a room without a cable box, and am generally happy with it, but the boot time from cold start of the TV set is what I consider LONG.   It's about 35 seconds to the menu screen and then another 35 seconds after I choose the Spectrum app before actual program appears.  My question: are there other models of Roku that boot any faster than this?  It's like the old days of waiting for the tubes to warm up!

GaryL

The Spectrum delay would be either the Spectrum service (which you can't do anything about) or a slowdown in your network (which is a separate troubleshooting issue from boot time).

The boot time issue is from two things converging: the Roku Express being the least-powered of the devices and you cutting power to the Express forcing it to boot every day. You can cut this down greatly by using the included power supply instead of connecting to the USB of your TV, since your TV appears to be cutting power to the USB when it's shut down (not all do; yours apparently does).
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos