Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coachbulldog
Level 7

Roku Express not working with Amazon Echo

I did a search of the Community forums and the only thread I found that was somewhat applicable to my issue was from 2019 and the solution given in that thread will not solve the problem I'm having.

I am trying to get my Roku Express to work with my 4th Generation Echo Dot. When I ask the Echo to launch something on my Roku it says it can't. Any assistance that someone can provide to get this issue solved is appreciated.

Details

• Software is up to date on both the Roku and Echo Dot.
  • Both the Roku and Echo Dot are connected to the same WiFi network.
  • The Alexa skill is linked to my Roku account.
  • On the "Your Linked Devices" on the Alexa skill is my Roku device is listed.
  • I disabled and reenabled the Roku skill in the Alexa app and that did not correct the issue.
  • I am using the command "Alexa, launch Netflix on Roku" to try to get it to work. 
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express not working with Amazon Echo

@Coachbulldog

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried checking out the information provided by our Support page here: How do I use Amazon Alexa to control my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos