Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express not updating

Hello, I am having trouble with my roku express not updating , it also says weak connection but when I hit connect it checks off the boxes that says connected to my wireless network and internet but then the screen says cannot update , it just keeps doing the same things every time for about two weeks now, I have contacted my Internet provider and went over everything with them and there is no problem with my service with them, nothing has changed or been moved and prior to being stuck in this mode it ran fine for 6 months , I have tried everything in regards to resetting in every way , I tried to call roku but they do not have telephone help for the roku express , please help! Ty! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Roku Express not updating

I have been aiding her for the past 2 weeks, tried factory reset. What happens after factory reset it goes to the Network section, see's her Wifi enters credentials and says it can't update. Factory reset has been performed many times and everytime get's stuck on The Wifi page. We tried rebooting all equipment, issue started getting stuck on the Roku dancing screen one day and factory reset was at this point only option. And no she does not have a Nintendo Switch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Express not updating

@Mazz Have you tried connecting the device to a different wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot or friend/family member's wireless network, to see if this is successful? 

@Gretchen1 If that also doesn't clear up the issue, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the unit) and I'll have our support team follow up to assist you further. 

Thanks,

Tanner