Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express freezing

Hi. I looked all over and I dont see my problem listed anywhere, also I'm posti6here cause rather wasnt an option for my issue. So let me start by saying I already check the location of the roku Express device and the remote. There is no interference and there is a straight path to the receiver nothing is obstructing it from getting the remote signal. Second I check batteries and they r fine. So here is my issue. I turn tv on, press any button on roku remote and get a response, if I'm lucky it may let me get to the app I'm trying to use. Mostly Pluto and YouTube. But that's when I'm lucky. If not It freezes right before I even get a chance to make a second input. And it just stays there no response. I have to wait like 1 minute before pressing any other buttons or it just wont do anything. Same happens if I have a app open. I press any buttons like trying to scroll to a menu it has become impossible. This started happening about 3 days ago. I have restarted the device many times. Just really annoying to the point that if today I find no solution I'm tearing it off stomping on it and throwing it out the window( I live on a 27th floor.) So please if anyone knows what the **bleep** is going on with my device before I lose my mind and do something stupid. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Express freezing

I know it doesn't make sense, but have you also tried restarting/rebooting your modem and/or router?  If you can, give the Roku app a try on your phone and use it to control your Roku.  See if the problem occurs.

0 Kudos