Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbailey_
Level 7

Roku Express Setup Loop

I am a sophomore in college who has recently purchased a Roku Express to use in my dorm room. I was hoping that I would've had the Roku set up in a few minutes, but that plan went completely out the window. After connecting the Roku to an internet source and updating it, it goes to a blank purplish screen before it returns to the 'Let's get started' screen, and I have to do it all over again. At first, I thought it was just the poor internet at school, so I decided to try it with my hotspot instead. I was a bit excited and pleading with it to work, but unfortunately, it did not work. For some reason, after the software had finished updating, my hotspot turned completely off, meaning that the Roku was no longer connected to any internet. This has happened three times, and I know that there isn't anything wrong with my hotspot. It works perfectly fine. Now I have no idea what could be the issue. Is it the internet or is it the Roku? I have searched all over the internet for answers, and I've even tried to look up Youtube videos! As of now, I am frustrated that I have spent my money on something that is not working, and I am desperately in need of answers. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kfolk2018
Level 7

Re: Roku Express Setup Loop

Hey I am having the same problem. Have you figured it out yet? Cause I get finished with the Update then it goes back to a blank purple screen then it restarts all over again. Can you help me out if you figured it out please? @dbailey_ 

0 Kudos
TheTLC
Level 7

Re: Roku Express Setup Loop

I’m also having the same issue and can’t find any answers. I’m assuming we all bought defective devices

0 Kudos