Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express Low Power Warning Frustration

Hi @Charliebcas,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from a wall outlet via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot with low power issues: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Charliebcas
Channel Surfer

Hello, yes I understand that. But my concern is about how before the update it was working fine with the tv usb and now is not working with the new update. How can I get back to the previous update? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Charliebcas,

Thanks for the follow-up.

If you haven't tried the solution of trying to plug your Roku device into the wall, I recommend you do so to isolate the issue. 

If you are still having any issues after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Charliebcas
Channel Surfer

Yes I have tried. The device work ok with usb to walk outlet and to power bank. The problem is identified as I have another Roku same model 3941X with the previous update and it works correctly with the same tv in the USB port. The other Roku with same model number and cables is not working since the update 10.5 with the USB port of the same tv. 
Serial number: X016000KNGN5

0 Kudos
Charliebcas
Channel Surfer

Hello! Any news about my problem please? How can I proceed with the downgrade so that I can use the Roku again as it was before? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Charliebcas,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

In regards to your "Low power issue" with your Roku Express 4K+, I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NCstreamer2
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express Low Power Warning

My Roku 4k stick is suddenly not working. It isn't showing a 'power light' when connected to the wall outlet. It shows a red low power light when connected to the usb port of the tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @NCstreamer2

Thanks for the post.

Could you try using a different power adapter and/or USB cord to see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing? Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NCstreamer2
Channel Surfer

I replaced the power adapter with another Roku adapter. It didn't help. The only USB cable that I'm using is the original one from Roku.

0 Kudos
KYAL

Same issue here!  It happens every few weeks.  I somehow get it to work again but this is getting old and I see a lot of others having the same issue.  Getting worse.  Can't seem to go a couple hours w/out the error coming up again.  Help.

I don't have a USB on my TV.  HDMI only.  I've only used the Roku power chord that came with the device but still get the lowpower message.  

Model:  3900X

C4386H018493

0 Kudos