Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1nd3x

Roku Express 4K - Homepod Mini

Hey!

Is it possible to have my TV sound coming out of my homepod mini using Roku Express 4K on my TV? Or do I really need the Apple TV ?

6 REPLIES 6
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express 4K - Homepod Mini

0 Kudos
1nd3x

From what I've seen I need an Apple TV to do it 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

The first link shows you how to do it. But a mini speaker is not going to give you any sort of sound quality. Better off with a soundbar. 

1nd3x

First link is showing me how to set up the airplay. My goal is to use the homepod as my TV speakers. Most websites says that's only available with an Apple TV 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Did you read and follow the instructions in the first link? It actually says “How to link Homepd to Roku”. The easiest and best way is yes to use Apple TV. Apple has designed a whole ecosystem. Roku’s has also designed a whole ecosystem. If you have a Roku TV you can get the world cool wireless speakers and subwoofer to work with the tv. The sound quality out of 1 HomePod won’t be stereo either since it’s one speaker. You could however use any Bluetooth speaker and then use the Roku Remote Control app for your phone. Sync the speaker to your phone. Launch the mobile phone app and select the private listening feature. Then whatever is playing on your Roku will go through the speaker. You should also be able to do this with your HomePod mini. You can stream music from your phone to your HomePod mini right? If so then use the Roku Remote Control app 

Mikecm1

Yeah that doesn’t work. It does in theory. But it doesn’t in reality.