Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beppo
Binge Watcher

Roku Express+ 3931RW won't update. No error, no code. "No update available"

I have a Roku Express+ that's a couple of years old; I hooked it up to a new TV, and it will not update firmware. It's stuck on 9.1.1 build 4200-AE. Several apps will not load correctly: Sling, Discover+, and a few more. I've updated app software. The confusing thing is that when I try to update the Roku software, it says "No update available". I read the posts where the device shows an error code, but not this problem. I've power cycled my router and the Roku; the internet connection is excellent. What do you suggest? Secret screen?

Model: 3931RW - Roku Express+
SV: 9.1.1 build 4200-AE
SN: X00400PXR8AD

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express+ 3931RW won't update. No error, no code. "No update available"

What country are you in?

Message @RokuDanny-R he should be able to address this for you.

0 Kudos
Beppo
Binge Watcher

USA

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You can to update from the Secret Screen - press Home 5 times, FF (>>) 3 times, and Rewind (<<) twice (ignore anything happening onscreen).  There's also an option in there to cycle the update server that may or may not do anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Beppo
Binge Watcher

Interesting. From the secret screen, I chose system update. A message came up saying "Your Roku will be updated from 9.1.1 4200 to 9.1.1 4200. I let it do that. Going back to the regular screen, I went to Settings>System>System Update, and once again it told me my system was up to date. I had checked my internet connection, and this was done on a different TV (so the Roku had been powered down/up before I did all this).

@RokuDanny-R can you help troubleshoot this mystery? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Beppo
Binge Watcher

Thanks! I couldn't cycle the update server (it was on "refresh") or the app store. I could only choose Update, which didn't help.

0 Kudos
Beppo
Binge Watcher

I thought I had added more info, but maybe not. Secret screen update did nothing for me. It told me my Roku would update from 9.1.1 4200 to 9.1.1 4200. Going back to the regular update screen, the update said "no available update".

@RokuDanny-R can you figure this one out?

0 Kudos
Beppo
Binge Watcher

Anybody? Bueller?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Beppo wrote:

Anybody? Bueller?

You can always try a Factory Reset unless/until @RokuDanny-R may be able to help you.

0 Kudos