Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khardy3352
Binge Watcher

Roku Express+ 3930x display not responding

I am not sure exactly what category this relates to, but my 3930x display is not responding to the remote after the app screen comes up. 

I am in a hotel using an LG TV by HDMI. It responds from the floating Roku screen saver, but once the main screen comes up, it will no longer respond to the remote.

I have not had this trouble in the past and have changed remote batteries, plugged and unplugged the HDMI connection, the power connection, and power to the wall connection. 

Once the main app/menu screen comes up, it no longer responds and for a short while after attempting the remote, the receiver blinks one long, 2 short blinks. It eventually stops blinking, but starts up again after attempting the simple remote. 

I do not get the internet message for set up like I normally do, there is simply a "not connected" in the upper right of the screen that is next to greyed out "options". I tried using my phone hotspot and it shows no devices, and cannot tell if ROKU is picking up the hotel wifi because the set up screen does not come up.

Advice?

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express+ 3930x display not responding

0 Kudos
Khardy3352
Binge Watcher

Thanks but I cannot get the connection screen. I have set up "away" connections many times with no problems. The menu screen is basically frozen and unresponsive. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Follow the instructions. Your in a hotel so your limit to them. Does it work if you use your phone as a mobile hotspot? 

0 Kudos
Khardy3352
Binge Watcher

Does not respond to my mobile phone hotspot

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Explain what you mean by does not respond?

0 Kudos
Khardy3352
Binge Watcher

And as a reminder, as the screen will not scroll, cannot get to settings

0 Kudos
Khardy3352
Binge Watcher

Can get to main screen, but then will not respond to the remote, meaning cannot move the "cursor" 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Have you tried putting new batteries in the remote? Are you sure the batteries that you’re using are good? So the issue you’re having is with the remote correct? 

0 Kudos
Khardy3352
Binge Watcher

To be honest, I cant tell if it is remote or Roku. I am a pretty experienced streamer with multiple devices, and take this unit with me when I travel without issues. I do have an important meeting at 1:00pm and must leave in a moment, but will pick up more batteries. These are "new" batteries meaning hubby bought and has been using this pack for awhile. They were last two in the pack. When I get back from my business meeting will try brand new batteries. As another thought, I saw somewhere someone else was getting a different blinking pattern and was told ROKUs dont put out error codes, but saw on another page they actually do, though none match mine...no surprise to me!🙄.

If you think of anything else, go ahead and post. I will be back later

0 Kudos