Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BritSparky
Channel Surfer

Roku Express 3930EU FW Update Broke HDMI

Hi Guys,

My Roku ( details as in title ) updated itself to FW version 10.5.1 4066AE and the unit is now useless. It keeps putting up an HDMI error whenever I try to watch anything. So far I've tried a full factory reset, different hdmi cable etc all to no avail. If I try autodetect it claims my TV can't get 1080p resolution but can 720p ( my blueray player works at high resolution flawlessly ) Even when the Roku is set to 720p it throws the error as soon as I try to watch anything and the screen flashes constantly

Any help appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express 3930EU FW Update Broke HDMI

Hi @BritSparky

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you reply here with the a photo of the issue occurring? We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BritSparky
Channel Surfer

Hi Kariza,

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to attach images to my posts for some reason. What I can tell you is that a screen pops up as soon as I try to watch any video regardless of channel which says something about an HDCP error. I've found a new setting which is for refresh rates but toggling that makes no difference at all. When I try to force 1080p in the display settings it tells me my TV input can't display it ( which it can ) with a red cross beside the option but HDCP 1.4 is available, with a green check beside it. I'd like to get the firmware rolled back to a useable version asap. How do I organise that?

0 Kudos
BritSparky
Channel Surfer

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

0 Kudos
BritSparky
Channel Surfer

I should also add that my account email on here is not the same as the email my Roku uses, in case anyone from Support picks this up. I'm happy to provide my serial number / Roku email via pm to Roku staff.

0 Kudos
BritSparky
Channel Surfer

Any possible solutions @RokuKariza-D ? Or should I just scrap the box?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BritSparky

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix an HDCP error

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BritSparky
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny,

I'd appreciate some assistance in getting a working firmware on my device ( IE a previous version ) I've tried all troubleshooting steps, and secret menus, different cables, different TVs, all to no avail. This is without doubt a firmware issue. My serial number is X00400341MCF. Current firmware version 10.5.1 build 4066-AE

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BritSparky

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of the issue happening

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BritSparky
Channel Surfer

I've already posted most of the info you've requested, but to summarize:

Model: 3939 EU

Serial: X00400341MCF

Device ID: S01V30841MCF

Version: 10.5.1 4066AE

This issue occurs when attempting to play video on ANY channel. Trying to play video on any channel results in the error screen. Trying to cancel the error results in the unit hanging for about 30 seconds before reverting to the home screen.

Tracker ID: CF 049 231. This ID was obtained immediately after trying to play a video.

0 Kudos