Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerStam
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 3900X - Roku OS 11.0.0. build 4193-51 Issues

Wow Roku! After reading even more threads on this site about your horrendous OS 11.0 update I noticed when you do respond to posts seeking help you have a generic cut and paste response. 

Roku, on my thread however you haven't even responded yet!

We need a rollback to OS 10.5 or have you fix your ridiculous 11.0 update, and we need it yesterday.

0 Kudos
nason89JC
Channel Surfer

An Update.  The Roku streaming devices are now non functional.  They turn on and off with the TV's so it took time for them to get updated which ended their life!

I loved Roku and told all my friends what a great service they provide but the fact that they are ignoring this problem is making me look at alternatives.  So far, Amazon is looking like the best alternative.  My old fire sticks which I replaced with Roku devises two years ago are all working fine.

0 Kudos
nason89JC
Channel Surfer

Be careful to keep the television off when you are not using it.  Your sticks probably have not been updated since they are usually powered by the television.  I had one stick that worked until I left the television on too long and it got updated and now the stick does not work any longer.  Same issue, the update killed it.  Shame on Roku for not fixing this quickly.  My good news is that I have a Roku 3 that still works fine.  A little slower but still 1080p and it works great.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@nason89JC 

And then all my Roku devices, Sticks included, that have updated to OS 11 work great.

Maybe work with @RokuDanny-R or one of the other Mods to find out what is going on with your setup?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Note that one possible cause of the complaints in this thread is an update in router configuration that a number of internet suppliers have implemented.  This has primarily been reported with routers supplied by Comcast/xFinity, Cox, and AT&T so far but it's possible they could also occur with other internet providers or user-owned routers that have received updates.

• ROKU LOCATES NETWORK AND REPORTS NETWORK QUALITY BUT CANNOT CONNECT
    Some router updates have changed the router's connection settings in the 2.4 GHz wifi band from b/g/n to just g/n, causing some Rokus connecting to the 2.4 GHz wifi band to lose their ability to connect to the network. The solution is to set the router's 2.4 GHz configuration back to using b/g/n.

If you need to make configuration changes on equipment supplied by your internet provider but you have no access to its settings or just don't know how to do it, you may need to request your internet provider to make the changes for you.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Pfeifken

Like Others on this thread, I have a Roku Premiere (Mdl 3910X) which indicates that a software update is available and instructs me to update with the encouraging message "Your Roku Player will update from version 9.2.0.4806 to 11.0.04193" The message also promises that my device will restart after the update is downloaded and installed. The download commences and % progress is displayed after which the device shuts down but never restarts. When I manually restart and check for system updates, I get the same message (i.e. Update available....). This problem has apparently interfered with my ability to get the Acorn channel to stream properly on this device. I too am disappointed by Roku's non response on this thread and lack of available tech support via live chat or phone. Have been a loyal Roku user for 10 years but with 4 devices (or roku TVs) in my house I don't feel like replacing them whenever roku rolls out new models or software updates. Maybe time to switch to a Fire Stick.

0 Kudos
renojim

@Pfeifken, try connecting to an alternate network like your phone's hotspot to see if you can get past the update.  If that doesn't work you may want to try a Factory Reset from Settings->System->Advanced system settings.  9.2.0 is a few years old, so there's clearly a pretty big problem with that device, but it's probably long out of warranty.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
nason89JC
Channel Surfer

Cannot activate Roku devices - need assistance

For days now I have received no response to this reply.

Kariza,

Not sure if you are real but this response seems like a robo response.  I have tried different emails and that does not work.  I have reset the boxes more than twice and that doesn't make any difference.  Finally, the Device ID is not on the back of any of my devices (3941X, 4800X, 4662X) .  Only the serial number is on the back and since I cannot activate them I cannot get to the settings menu to find the Device ID.  For those devices where I have the Device ID somehow my ISP can make a patch to whatever change you made in the new update that stopped me from working.

If you are real, please read this carefully and help solve this problem that affects many of your customers.

Thanks

John Coker
0 Kudos
StreamerStam
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku 11.0 Upgrade Issues - Roku Employees Have No Clue or Cannot Be Honest With Us Read Below

ROKU, I have used your devices for close to 10 years and I have 9 of your devices. I have loved Roku and heavily invested in it as my preferred platform for streaming. Based on your lack of response to this issue, (By the way, EVERY device I have that has been updated to OS 11.0 has had issues), I am now going to consider Amazon or Google as my go to streaming platform as many on this thread have already stated.

Your lack of tech support (chat, phone) for your customers and disregard for them are really unwise business decisions. 

nason89JC
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 3900X - Roku OS 11.0.0. build 4193-51 Issues RESOLVED

My ISP worked with Roku to resolve this issue.  Not sure what they did but they needed my Device ID and somehow I could then communicate with Roku and get upgraded to a new version of the Roku software that works perfectly.

I would try talking to your ISP first since Roku is impossible to get in touch with for retail customers.  

Good luck.

0 Kudos