Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express+ (2018)

Hi, Can anybody tell me if you are going to have more off the Roku Express+ (2018) on the Roku site.???It is the only place I could find them and my friend needs two. Is it the only one you can use on old TV. It looks like the only one with the red,white,and yellow cables. Thanks 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Express+ (2018)

The 2018 Roku Express + with the composite outputs was model 3910. Tbere currently are several listings on Amazon and eBay.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Makiguy thanks for your answer. The number is 3910RW. I have bough two from Roku. 3910 number is on a lot of them the Rw is what counts. On e bay and etc. they are jacking the price up I want to know is Roku is going to sell them anymore. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

No, RW does not count for anything other then where it was purchased. All 3910 2018 express plus are the same, what might be different is the discrete channel keys on the remote, W stands for Walmart, so roku from walmart will have a Vudu key on the remote, which they did own until recently. And you want find Fandango Now along the left side on the walmart purchase roku's, instead its just app tile like all other apps. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 18

@Piper1 wrote:

On e bay and etc. they are jacking the price up I want to know is Roku is going to sell them anymore. Thanks 

They are not making them any longer, so if they are out of inventory it's unlikely Roku will have any more of them.  I don't think there are enough people out there still connecting to non-HDMI sets for them to bother with.  With the supply drying up, the people selling them hike the price. (Similarly, I just had my printer that cost me $79 3 years ago die over the weekend.  It's been discontinued a while and the same model is now going for about $300.)

Determine if you your set has COMPONENT video inputs (typically green blue and yellow RCA  jacks) which is preferred, or COMPOSITE video (typically a single yellow RCA jack).  Audio is separate, normally red and white for stereo.  Component is preferred as it can transfer high def signals; composite can't go beyond standard definition.

Once you know what type of inputs you want to connect to, you could purchase a converter to take the HDMI output from whatever new Roku model you get and convert it to what you need to feed to your tv.  Be sure you get one converting HDMI -> RCA, not RCA -> HDMI.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

This was the model Roku offered for $15 to replace older roku on your account. After it showed up on my home page I took them up on it. Received it two weeks ago. If many others took them up on the offer too, its probably gone for good. 

Edmund
0 Kudos