Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Channel Store Unavailable 11/2016

Hi,

Since Friday my Roku has been unable to connect to the channel store. the exact error is "The Roku Channel Store service is currently unavailable. Please try again later". Several people in the "Roku Outage" thread in the Announcements section of the forum have also reported issues but I have not seen a reply or announcement from Roku itself.

I get this error on both my wired and wireless networks. I do not have issues watching channels (youtube, amazon, netflix)

Roku Model: 4200X - Roku 3
Version: 7.5.0, build 4092-04
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MacysBruce
Level 7

Re: Roku Channel Store Unavailable 11/2016

I'm not the only one. I'm seeing this on all three of my devices.
I will bring home anyone or anything I choose...including a one eyed Episcopalian kangaroo, if that happens to be my kinky inclination!
0 Kudos
pmaclean
Level 7

I'm having this problem also. However, I have two units, both Roku 3 4200X , both are running the same software (version 7.5.0, build 4099-04), but one unit can access the Channel Store, while the other unit cannot.

So, it appears it's not a Channel Store specific problem, or a "Roku outage" issue. Any guidance would be appreciated!  This is really annoying...
0 Kudos
pmaclean
Level 7

Still having this issue. No replies after a long time. Any guidance would be appreciated! Is there a way to factory reset a Roku? Maybe this would resolve this issue...?
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"pmaclean" wrote:
Still having this issue. No replies after a long time.  Any guidance would be appreciated!  Is there a way to factory reset a Roku?  Maybe this would resolve this issue...?

I haven't had version 7.x for some time, so I'm not sure if this is the same, but you should be able to find the factory reset option in the menu system:
Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset

You may want to also remove the Roku from your account via the Web interface at https://my.roku.com/ Simply unlink. That will allow you to set the Roku up as new again.

Oh, just to be sure, are you in the U.S.? Are you using a VPN?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos