Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rivera1

Roku Channel Removed?

I have come to love the Roku Channel and watch it all of the time.  Suddenly, last week when I click on it, it says the channel has been removed.  This happens on both of my devices.  At the same time I see ads promoting new content on the Roku Channel.  What is going on??

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Channel Removed?

Where are you located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rivera1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that the Roku Channel is removed from your Roku device.

Have you tried re-adding the Roku Channel back? 

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information on how to add the channel: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Or adding channels from the Web by following these steps.

1. Go to channelstore.roku.com.
  2. Select My account and sign in to your Roku account.
    At the top of the site is a selection of categories and genres to explore. Below that you can enter a keyword in the Search channel box to find choices based on the title of a channel.
  3. When you want to learn more about a channel, select Details. You will see the same synopsis, rating, and screenshots that appear when viewing the details on your Roku device.
  4. Follow the instructions to add or purchase the channel.

Once added, the channel will not immediately appear on your Roku device. Your Roku device checks every 24 hours for any new channels you have added from the website and automatically installs them. If you would like to download immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

If it isn't resolved for you, let us know your device model and your software version, found under Home > Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Kind regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EnriqueEspaña
Reel Rookie

...my first Roku tv had a web browser , my second and LAST doesn't... if I have to pay more for another brand of tv with a browser I will... but it won't be a Roku... 

0 Kudos