Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jigglewiggle
Reel Rookie

Roku Bans Bit_ Chute

Seems Roku and YouTube are BFF's. Roku must submit to YouTube.

7 REPLIES 7
Jigglewiggle
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Bans Bit_ Chute

But don't fear! Some Roku Mod will give a script..wait for it..wait for it!

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

I use bit_chute and odysee regularly.  May not be available as an official Channel yet but there certainly is no ban on it. (unless you can point me somewhere to the info). You can always just cast it to your TV using the Roku's DLNA.  I still remember when Rumble was developing its channel, it rarely worked, but that wasn't Roku's fault.  It is better now with the Rumble's content creator subscription feature added to its Channel, but still sometimes better just to cast from the Web since the Search function is still a little lacking in the Channel version.

From what I understand , bit_chute is currently working on its Live Streaming Capability for its creators, so maybe creating a Roku Channel isn't a priority.  Roku doesn't create the Channel, it just provides the platform.  It is bit_chute's perogative/initiative  to develop and produce a Channel for the Roku, not the other way around.

Hope that helps.  Maybe just misplaced anger or simple misunderstanding.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jlynn101

Ok, you have just GOT to tell me HOW to do the casting you are talking about! I had no idea that was even an option!!!!!  Thanks in advance! -J

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Jlynn101 

Web Video Caster is the preferred method since  it is available in the Roku Channel Store.  It is free to install and use.  You can upgrade to remove the ads from within the App and enable some premium features.  I think $3 or $4 (one time purchase), otherwise, still completely usuable as free.   

From the Roku Channel Store....   https://channelstore.roku.com/search/web+caster

From the Roku Device... STREAMING CHANNELS....SEARCH.... Web Video Caster - Receiver

1. Install the Web Caster Receiver from  one of the above methods to your Roku Device.

2. Install the Web Video Caster App to your Android or Apple Device (mobile phone/tablet, etc) from the corresponding Play Store or App Store)

3. Make sure your Roku device and Web Video Caster are on same network.

You launch the App from your mobile device and run it from there.  The receiver just sits there on your roku device, you don't launch it....it just interacts with the App on your mobile device.

In a nutshell, you use the Browser function of the App to navigate to the web site and the media you wish to play.  Then you select the media (video, web stream, podcast etc.), it will establish a connection with your Roku device (via the installed receiver channel) and your videos will play on your TV.  You can then use your remote to fast forward, rewind, pause, etc. 

You can also use the Web Caster to control any Media Servers you have setup, etc.  Plenty of uses.

Includes tutorial and Help...Easy to use once you get hang of it. A little learning curve, maybe.

Hope that helps.

-------

Now, if you have Apple device, look into Roku's AirPlay that was included in 9.4 Roku OS update.  Similar principle, but I am unfamiliar with it. May work easier and better for some people.  I did attempt an AirPlay for Android App but my Android devices or Android software on these devices may not be compatible as it didn't work.

Reel Rookie

Grokall, Rumble and Odysee

The Grokall channel has some **bleep**ute content like Infowars, tim pool. project veritas, david icke, Dustin nemos, war room, salty cracker and others. It's laid out kinda funky but the Revis quality content.

The Rumble channel works very very well is probably the best alt vid available on roku.

The unofficial odysee channel works but I can't seem to figure out if you can login so you can use subscriptions.

AvsGunnar

Re: Grokall, Rumble and Odysee

@856510 

With the odysee_unofficial, I have basically just put my most used subscriptions in the Search box.  Since it saves the Searches, (unless you delete them), kind of using it as an impromptu Subscriptions category.  

It is a relatively new channel by CaffinatedCoder ( @CaffinatedCoder ) (same developer who did Salty Cracker) but I don't know his exact affiliation with Odysee so the login creds for subscriptions and account linking may not be a feature he can implement, as channel is still under development. 

https://github.com/lbryio/odysee-roku

I normally watch Rumble Channel for live streaming, the casting method for Odysee live streams and bit_chute content, and then the odysee_unofficial if just watching previously recorded content.

As a sidenote, you should look into a browser extension called Tubeshift. (created by Tyler Riddle).  This small developer's free app extension basically will show you if a Youtube video is available on the alternative platforms of Rumble, Odysee, Bit_Chute, and Daily Motion.  Nice way to see if a creator is offering multiple platforms for content.

https://www.tubeshift.info/

Reel Rookie

Re: Grokall, Rumble and Odysee

Well, I'll give a tremendous thank you to @CaffinatedCoder

Awesome work.