Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Feature for the blind

Jump to solution

Its called Audio Guide, you can simply press the option * key 4 times to turn it off. It was probably the way it was turned on too. You go into the settings> accessibility> Audio Guide> off

And if you don't want it to happen again, you can disable the shortcut: settings> Accessibility> scroll to Shortcut> disable

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
deadeye
Reel Rookie

Re: HELP! Roku won't stop talking

Jump to solution

Thank you for the * 4 times quick solution.  It was driving us nuts.  Happy New Year !

0 Kudos
kmorse

Re: Robotic voice

Jump to solution

thank you so much for this post. That voice was driving me crazy

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the same issue. And pressing * 4× hasn't worked, neither has going through the audio menu. Help!

0 Kudos
deadeye
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Pressing * 4 Times Quickly worked the first time I tried it.  A quick fix for us.

Working on getting CC to work on our home theater 65" M series Vizio TV sets.  Closed Caption works on 2 other television sets we have in other rooms where we are using Fire Ultra setups.  Using Prime, Hulu and others.   

0 Kudos
Golfer

Streaming stick- closed caption is off but I am still getting narration.

Jump to solution

I have a Roku streaming stick device.  It has started a narrating message for every scene  with on demand viewing the closed captioning is off but the narration isn't?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Re: Streaming stick- closed caption is off but I am still getting narration.

Jump to solution

That's the Audio Guide, the shortcut to turn it on and off is pressing the option key * 4 times.

If you do not want that to happen again you can disable the shortcut feature:

Settings> Accessibility> scroll to Shortcut> Disable

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Phideau

How can I shut off voice reading menu items

Jump to solution

There is a voice that reads the menu. It just started recently and I want to shut it off. I have a standard remote and not a voice activated one. Everything I have seen refers to voice activated remotes.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: How can I shut off voice reading menu items

Jump to solution

This is called Audio Guide, and it can be found in the Settings menu under Accessibility. You probably accidentally activated it by hitting the * button four times quickly. You can turn it off the same way, and you can completely disable it in the menu I mentioned above. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
KimCkd

Jump to solution

I tried all steps but the voice will not turn off even when the menus says off please help! 

0 Kudos