- At some point in the past, holding down the arrow keys in Roku Media Player in list mode to fast/auto scroll became disabled. That was fixed somewhat recently. And, now it is broken once again.
- The TV volume control on the Roku remote was reset. I had to set it again. (Menu function where you keep pressing "no" until music stops playing.)
- I turned anonymous usage data collection in YouTube off. This got turned back on after the update.
- After the Roku reboots after the update, I recommend waiting 5 minutes, then run a system update again, then wait another 5 minutes, before using the system normally. Otherwise, you're going to experience lags and delays while background tasks run that I'm guessing are related to the update.
- All installed themes were erased. That's fine for me, because I don't use them. But that's going to be a major problem for people with lots of installed themes. Also, the "default" Roku theme after the reboot wasn't "set" with the green check mark in the menu, even though it looks like it was being used. I set it.
- The screensaver I was using was no longer selected. Like themes, it didn't look like any screensaver was set (no green check marks on any screensavers). I set it to what I was using before.
For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact that channel's support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.
As a friendly reminder when posting in the Community per the guidelines in place: Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion.
Just received the 9.3 update on my Ultra 4640 and was expecting to see the "newly redesigned" Media Player as mentioned on the OS 9.3 update page but it looks exactly as it did before. I will say that I only use it for playing music files from my NAS.
I received my 9.3.0-4143-46 update for my 4660 May 6th.
I haven't detected any issues with the update. My TV volume control still works. And my themes and screensaver were unchanged.
But... you are correct in advising others to wait... for several minutes after an update brings you back to your Home Screen. The Roku system is still running background tasks, without the feedback a spinning wheel, or something like that. In fact, when I did a reboot after the update had finished, my TV screen went black for about a minute. I knew to patiently wait. But others, can freak out over that, and start unplugging things to resolve something that didn't need anything, but you to wait.
In my case, I have a Micro SD card, so even after the Roku has returned to the Home Screen after a restart, I patiently wait for the popup message that says my SD Card is linked, before I start to try to go to channels.
when is the below channels gonna get fixed ?? and stop erasing these messages - as we deserve an answer
FREE SPEECH TV
LAS VEGAS REVIEW JOURNAL
SPREE / MOVIE SPREE
THE PET COLLECTIVE
The owners of Roku channels are responsible for making them compatible with new Roku OS releases. You have a lot of emails to send.
Keep us posted if any of them are fixed.
TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht) Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast. Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
My Roku TV updated to OS 9.3 the other day. The only issue I am noticing is that I can't hide the Featured Free and Movie and TV Store options. I can check Hide, but when I exit and come back in, Show is checked.
I've lost speaker connectivity since this update was issued. Roku wireless speakers will constantly disconnect and reconnect even after factory resets for both the TCL TV and the speakers. The TV is connected by ethernet cable and the speakers are on 5ghz with no channel switching and it isn't helping. I hope there is a fix in the works.