Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Roku 9.3.0 Build 4143-46 Issues

Some issues I experienced:

- At some point in the past, holding down the arrow keys in Roku Media Player in list mode to fast/auto scroll became disabled. That was fixed somewhat recently. And, now it is broken once again.

- The TV volume control on the Roku remote was reset. I had to set it again. (Menu function where you keep pressing "no" until music stops playing.)

- I turned anonymous usage data collection in YouTube off. This got turned back on after the update.

- After the Roku reboots after the update, I recommend waiting 5 minutes, then run a system update again, then wait another 5 minutes, before using the system normally. Otherwise, you're going to experience lags and delays while background tasks run that I'm guessing are related to the update.

- All installed themes were erased. That's fine for me, because I don't use them. But that's going to be a major problem for people with lots of installed themes. Also, the "default" Roku theme after the reboot wasn't "set" with the green check mark in the menu, even though it looks like it was being used. I set it.

- The screensaver I was using was no longer selected. Like themes, it didn't look like any screensaver was set (no green check marks on any screensavers). I set it to what I was using before.

Tags (1)
12 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 9.3.0 Build 4143-46 Issues

@Psilobite 

Thanks for post and bringing those issues to our attention.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team and will let you know when more information is available.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@RokuDanny-R  @Psilobite 

Re:

The TV volume control on the Roku remote was reset. I had to set it again. (Menu function where you keep pressing "no" until music stops playing.)”

The volume stopped working on my Roku remote as well after the update.  How exactly did you reset it? 

thx!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Settings -> Remotes & devices -> Remotes -> Remote (In use) -> Set up remote for TV control

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just received the 9.3 update on my Ultra 4640 and was expecting to see the "newly redesigned" Media Player as mentioned on the OS 9.3 update page but it looks exactly as it did before. I will say that I only use it for playing music files from my NAS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

when is the below channels gonna get fixed ??  and stop erasing these messages - as we deserve an answer

COWBOYS NOW

FREE SPEECH TV

LAS VEGAS REVIEW JOURNAL

NASA 4K

SHOP LC

SPREE / MOVIE SPREE

STREAM NOW

THE PET COLLECTIVE

TMZ

ZYPY.TV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I received my 9.3.0-4143-46 update for my 4660 May 6th.

I haven't detected any issues with the update. My TV volume control still works. And my themes and screensaver were unchanged.

But... you are correct in advising others to wait... for several minutes after an update brings you back to your Home Screen. The Roku system is still running background tasks, without the feedback a spinning wheel, or something like that. In fact, when I did a reboot after the update had finished, my TV screen went black for about a minute. I knew to patiently wait. But others, can freak out over that, and start unplugging things to resolve something that didn't need anything, but you to wait.

In my case, I have a Micro SD card, so even after the Roku has returned to the Home Screen after a restart, I patiently wait for the popup message that says my SD Card is linked, before I start to try to go to channels.

2018 Ultra 4660 - 9.3.0-4143-46
Highlighted
Level 10

@chht wrote:

when is the below channels gonna get fixed ??  and stop erasing these messages - as we deserve an answer

COWBOYS NOW

FREE SPEECH TV

LAS VEGAS REVIEW JOURNAL

NASA 4K

SHOP LC

SPREE / MOVIE SPREE

STREAM NOW

THE PET COLLECTIVE

TMZ

ZYPY.TV

The owners of Roku channels are responsible for making them compatible with new Roku OS releases.  You have a lot of emails to send.

Keep us posted if any of them are fixed.

TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracst on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS
Highlighted
Level 8

My Roku TV updated to OS 9.3 the other day. The only issue I am noticing is that I can't hide the Featured Free and Movie and TV Store options. I can check Hide, but when I exit and come back in, Show is checked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I've lost speaker connectivity since this update was issued.  Roku wireless speakers will constantly disconnect and reconnect even after factory resets for both the TCL TV and the speakers.  The TV is connected by ethernet cable and the speakers are on 5ghz with no channel switching and it isn't helping.  I hope there is a fix in the works.

0 Kudos