Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobbyP
Level 7

Roku 4670X Not working w/ 9.4 software and Homekit

I have the Subject Roku and when I try to use Homekit to control the Roku such as turn On/Off it does not work, communicate.

Under the 'Home' tab in Homekit it shows "Living Room Set Top Box Off". The Roku Ultra is still on however. When I press the App Accessory tab it shows  to 'On' in the App tab.  I then hit the tab and it shows 'Off again in the App indication however the Ultra does not respond.

Also when I go to the automation tab it does not show the Ultra to set up automation mode(s).

I know my Ultra is working b/c I can communicate using the Roku App on my phone.

And yes I did download and verify version 9.4 Ultra firmware has been loaded.

Thank you,

Bobby

0 Kudos
3 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Roku 4670X Not working w/ 9.4 software and Homekit

Roku streamers dont have "on/off" capability, FTR.

A connected TV may be turned off, if CEC is enabled:

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

Why will my TV not power on or off using HomeKit?

If you are using the Home app or a Siri voice command with your Roku player, Roku Streambar, or Roku Smart Soundbar and your TV will not power on or off, you need to make sure your TV supports HDMI-CEC (or just CEC) and the feature is enabled. CEC helps simplify how you use your entertainment system allowing commands to be shared between devices over the same HDMI connection you use for audio and video. Visit the online documentation for your TV, or contact the manufacturer to determine if your TV supports the feature and how you can enable CEC.

In addition to having CEC enabled on your TV, you also need "1-touch play" enabled on your Roku device using the steps below.

1. Press the Home button home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System, followed by Control Other Devices.
  4. Highlight 1-touch play and check the box.
0 Kudos
BobbyP
Level 7

This 1-touch setting still does not allow me to turn off my Roku Ultra using the Homekit app.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

As per the post you replied to (please read):

"Roku streamers dont have "on/off" capability, FTR.

A connected TV may be turned off, if CEC is enabled"

0 Kudos