Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 4 will not wake up

I’ve unplugged it, reset it, let it sit. Today it just decided it will not wake up. I’ve tried remote and phone control. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Roku 4 will not wake up

@GoGo wrote:
I’ve unplugged it, reset it, let it sit. Today it just decided it will not wake up. I’ve tried remote and phone control. Any ideas?

Sounds like you've done everything. When you tried the reset, did you hold the button in for a full 30+ seconds? Any less is not a true factory reset.

If you've done all that, and also tested it on a different TV (please try that as well), then it's certainly possible that it has failed. The Roku 4 is just over 4 years old, so it's really not ancient, but it's not unheard of for electronics to fail in that short amount of time. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos