Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maubrey123
Level 7

Roku 3810R vs 3811R - Xfinity Stream App

Jump to solution

Hello,

What is the difference between the 3810R model and 3811R Model? 

I am having issues with the Xfinity stream app on my 3811R.  The app/channel used to work and stopped.  When I try to use the app, I get the dreaded TVAPP-00101 error now.  I am connected to my home Xfinity network.  The channel appears available, but doesn't recognized that it's connected to the home network.

After a few hours on the phone with Xfinity, I was told that my device was not supported.  I was fairly certain that the 3810R and 3811R were functionally the same, but the 3811R was made for Bestbuy?

I am struggling with Xfinity support and have little confidence in them.  If I can add the channel on my device, doesn't that mean its supported? or am I out of luck?  Any information on the functional difference between these two models is appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Roku 3810R vs 3811R - Xfinity Stream App

Jump to solution

Only difference is the remote, 3811 comes with remote with a headphone jack, the 3810 doesn't. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Roku 3810R vs 3811R - Xfinity Stream App

Jump to solution

Only difference is the remote, 3811 comes with remote with a headphone jack, the 3810 doesn't. 

Edmund

View solution in original post