Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKalyani
Level 7

Roku 3 turning itself on at random

Jump to solution

I’ve had my Roku 3 for at least 4 years and in the past few days it has started turning itself on. I first noticed after I had been out of town for a week and saw that the light was on. I turned on the tv to find that it was on the Roku home screen. I left it on long enough to see that the screensaver came on and the light on the Roku went off. The next day I noticed the light on again and it was the same as the day before. I had not touched the remote. I unplugged the device for a while and plugged it back in later. Kept happening. I took the batteries out of the remote. Kept happening. Today I did a factory reset and it’s still turning on by itself. It has never done this before. It is not turning on the tv or anything else. What’s going on and how do I stop it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 turning itself on at random

Jump to solution

Did it recently update to software version 10.5?  Check from Settings->System->About.  If so, it's a known issue:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Indicator-Light-Stays-On-After-I...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Did it recently update to software version 10.5?  Check from Settings->System->About.  If so, it's a known issue:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Indicator-Light-Stays-On-After-I...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

JKalyani
Level 7

Jump to solution

It looks like that might be what’s going on. When I searched I only found solutions for Roku turning the tv on but guess I used the wrong terms. Thanks. 

0 Kudos