Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvald32
Level 7

Roku 3 resolution issues after FW 8.1 update

My Roku 3 suddenly stop syncing video to my Vizio VO320E TV. My TV has a 720P resolution. The Roku 3 works fine if I connect it to a Roku TV (TCL) which is 4K capable. I can either configure the Roku 3 for 720P or 1080 on the TCL via HDMI but on the Vizio TV it just does not connect. My TV shows a Not Support! message on a blue screen. It was working fine before the latest upgrade. I also connected the device via HDMI cable to a Westinghouse TV where I'm running a Fire TV and it also shows not supported format. Is something wrong with the auto-detect resolution function in the latest Roku 3 Firmware??

Thanks!

Roku 3 model 4230X
S/N 5G461E040676
v8.1.0 4145-04
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mvald32
Level 7

Re: Roku 3 resolution issues after FW 8.1 update

Just updated my profile with my system info. Anyone having issues syncing video to the TV with roku 3?
I have done what is advised on several posts meaning reset, turning on tv first then the roku, changing hdmi cable, and updating software via secret screen. The only TV that my roku syncs video thru hdmi is on my roku  TV (just where I don’t need it). It looks like the device is trying to sync at a higher resolution than my TV supports, even if I set the resolution to 720P on the roku tv when I switch the device to the Vizio it does not sync. 

Thanks
Roku 3 model 4230X
S/N 5G461E040676
v8.1.0 4145-04
0 Kudos
frankkasten
Level 7

Re: Roku 3 resolution issues after FW 8.1 update

I seem to be having the exact same issues/
0 Kudos