Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mby68
Channel Surfer

Roku 3 does not recognize San Disk 32GB

I bought a micro SanDisk 32 GB. Followed all instructions and guidance on the board of how it can be recognized. That is plug and unplug HDMI. Update system. Reboot both Roku and WiFi. Nothing. Shouldn't be plug and play? I am surprise there is so much chatter on the challenge with this issue. My Roku 3 is only 4 years old.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 does not recognize San Disk 32GB

It's not a problem with the Roku 3. Roku devices that accept microSD cards don't use more than 2 GB of the card. 32 is a huge waste, if it will even recognize the device. It appears it won't recognize it.

Use the smallest you can find. Roku sells 2 GB cards, but if you can fine one locally, that would be quicker. 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mby68
Channel Surfer

I installed the micro San Disk 8GB and it formatted. However, can't open YouTube, Netflix or Amazon prime video. When I try opening any of them, it tries to load and then I get an error message that says "could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from network. Please check your network connection and try again."

I rebooted my network and Roku. My connection is excellent. I also removed apps and reinstalled before and after rebooting, still the same error message. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
renojim

Can you run them without the microSD card inserted?  That message usually means it can't contact the channel store, so do you get an error when you access Streaming Channels on the Home Screen?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mby68
Channel Surfer

No. I get the same error. That is why I installed the sd card, because the Roku message I was getting is can't launch the channel/app without sd card. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

I think you misread the message. It suggested the card to help load time, but a microSD card won’t and can’t increase memory. It only increases local storage, reducing the need to redownload apps to launch.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mby68
Channel Surfer

I understand. Any suggestions would be appreciated as to why when I try to open for example Netflix I get this message:

Can't run channel

'Netflix' could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from network. Please, check your network connection and try again.

I have checked my connection several times and it is excellent.

0 Kudos
renojim

That message generally means that it can't contact the channel store.  Did you reboot your modem/router?  Do you have any problems browsing Streaming Channels?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mby68
Channel Surfer

I rebooted again my modem/router and Roku. Everything works such as Youtube TV, Disney+, Hulu, ESPN, even Pandora and PBS. The ones that aren't loading up are Youtube, Nitflex, Prime video. Still get the message for those last three.

0 Kudos