Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NuriNatt
Level 7

Roku 3 CEC Stopped working with my Yamaha Receiver

My Roku 3 (4200X) with remote (RC03) has stopped communicating via HDMI CEC with my Yamaha V673. I've restarted and power cycled all devices, reattached cables, disabled/enabled CEC on my Sony TV, Roku and the receiver. Nothing has worked. It used to work about a week or 2 ago and it suddenly stopped. There were no changes made to my setup of any kind.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
djboy
Level 7

Re: Roku 3 CEC Stopped working with my Yamaha Receiver

I’m having the same volume control issue. It’s like the roku remote lost its volume switch. My Roku is the 4400x and the YAHAMA receiver is the RX-475, the Samsung tv is the un48js9000 model, it’s having trouble communicating / switching over to the hdmi port assigned to the roku, when pressing the home button with the roku 9.2 version.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NuriNatt @djboy  Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. Just to confirm, you have 1-touch play enabled in Settings>System>Control other devices>'1-touch play'?

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
djboy
Level 7

Thank You for responding. The answer is Yes, it has always been enabled.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@djboy  Thanks for confirming. Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku player from Settings>system>About, and include your A/V receiver make/model and settings info once more. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
djboy
Level 7

Thanks Tanner, I believe I fixed it. I just did a factory reset and now everything is back to normal. I guess it just had something stuck in its memory. Nice to have the volume button function back.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@djboy 

Thanks for letting us know. Please keep me posted if you run into the issue occurring again. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
NuriNatt
Level 7

I have one touch enabled too. I've disabled it, restarted my Roku, enabled it, restarted my Roku to no success.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NuriNatt Thanks for confirming. Please visit Settings>System>System update>Check now and check for any system updates. If an update is available, please try testing again after it is installed and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

For what it's worth, I have Yamaha AVRs and my Ultra controls it via CEC fine. Have you checked for a firmware update from Yamaha?

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos