Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jetberrocal
Level 7

Roku-3 480 mirror Win 10 fails

Hello forum.  I saw a similar thread but it was for a Roku Express different to my case.

Roku-3 480 mirror connection with Win 10 fails

When I go to Connect app in Win 10 it shows "Computer name" is ready for you to connect wirelessly.

Laptop has two graphics cards.  One for hdmi connections (NVIDIA not Miracast) and another for the internal display (Intel UHD Graphics 620 Miracast compatible).
Laptop has Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-8265 Miracast as Source.

Roku-3 480 device is detected successfully.  Connected on the same network.  

Roku is connected wired to router and laptop is connected wirelessly to same router.

ROKU  is mirror enabled, accept always, access permission default.  It is setup to update automatically so it should have a recent firmware version.

It connects for a couple of seconds then fails.  Display flickers when trying to connect.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
thetick
Level 8

Re: Roku-3 480 mirror Win 10 fails

Yep... Roku mirroring has been like that for many years.  If you want to mirror get a Chromecast.  You can read thread after thread after thread of broken Roku mirroring.

TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS
0 Kudos
arunciks
Level 7

Re: Roku-3 480 mirror Win 10 fails

On my ultra 4660x2 screen mirror worked fine till about beginning or mid-summer. Never after that. Different Windows PCs, Android devices do not do mirroring anymore. The Roku flashes the mirroring screen and then go back to the list. Tried different things and even Wifi connections but same issue.
0 Kudos