Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nyartist
Level 7

Roku 2 xs deader than a doornail

We have one of these and it just stopped working. Tried everything so there's a good chance it's dead. What would a good replacement be?

1 REPLY 1\
rockha22
Level 7

Re: Roku 2 xs deader than a doornail

Wow, the same thing just happened to me!!!

I have a Roku 3 4200X that was working perfectly fine until I dropped the remote (one with a highly coveted headphone jack!) from couch level to the floor and the remote became deader than a doornail. I changed the batteries, took it apart to look for any loose connections on the board, tried to re-pair, etc. but the activity indicator light on the remote just won't come on so it's DEAD.

I then decided to take the working remote from my Roku 2 XS and try to pair that with the Roku 3 following the support article instructions but it just wouldn't work. The remote blinks both green lights but the pairing process takes forever on "Searching..." and eventually fails Smiley Sad so I figure the older Roku 2 XS remote won't pair with the Roku 3 for some reason.

I then took the working remote back to its original device (Roku 2 XS) but it was unpaired, so I went through the pairing procedure by first unplugging the Roku. After I plugged it back in, the Roku 2 XS would not turn on at all. I tried holding a paper clip into the Reset hole, changing power outlets, etc. but like you said its now deader than a doornail.

I feel like Big Brother has been watching me and knows that I was looking into buying a new Roku anyways and decided to speed up the process and cause my Rokus to self destruct Smiley Very Happy now I am left with a working Roku 3/dead remote and a dead Roku 2 XS/working remote. Thanks 2020.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos