Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 2 won't change channels

I have a Roku 2 and the IR remote works to power on unit and to switch to TV viewing, but once I'm watching live TV, I can't change channels. The light on the Roku device just flashes. I tried changing batteries and I also tried rebooting. The only thing I haven't done is a factory reset, and that's because my son set up the device, and he passed away in July and I don't want to lose what he did. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 2 won't change channels

@danham72 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please explain further what you are trying to do? When you say you are watching live TV, are you viewing a channel through the Roku device, or are you watching TV through your cable provider?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R I am watching ATT-TVNOW through the Roku. So, I'm using the Roku to watch TV with my cable provider I guess.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@danham72 

Thanks for the note.

If you are having issues within a channel, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R It is all of the channels. Once I am out of this screen.1578693212918460162560491508806.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@danham72 

Thanks for the note.

Just to clarify and understand the exact issue that you are experiencing:

When you are in the Home screen (the picture that you posted), you are unable to select another channel to watch? Or are you having an issue add and removing channels?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R When I'm in the home screen I can move from icon to icon. But if I choose TV, once I'm there watching, I cannot switch channels unless I go into the guide and do so.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@danham72 

Thanks for the clarification.

A channel's features and functionality are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. Any inquiries regarding those features and functionality, we would recommend reaching out to the channel provider as they would be best able to assist you.

You can reach support here: https://www.att.com/support/mysupport/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos