Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwhewitt
Level 7

Roku 2 XS Home Screen acting up and enlarging 3 times size

My Roku 2 XS Home Screen will not retain the composite 4:3 ratio when exiting from a channel such as Hoopla or NBC, just to name a few. The screen enlarges to three times its size. I have to reset the box by pulling the power and reconnecting. Roku reboots and the normal 4:3 home screen returns. This is becoming more frequent. Anyone else having this problem? what could be causing this?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

Re: Roku 2 XS Home Screen acting up and enlarging 3 times size

The Roku 2 XS is a pretty much dead platform and has been for years. Roku stopped support for the 2 XS many years ago. I sold mine a long time ago to someone that simply wanted it because it was a "special edition" that had "Angry Birds" and having it on the account would put "Angry Birds" on all compatible Roku on the same account.

My suggestion is to get a new Roku and forget about the XS. 

BTW: The reboot bug you are seeing impacts many, but not all, XSs but once it manifests on an XS it almost never goes away. That is the primary reason I got rid of my XS.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

To the OP, you'll be very happy with any new Roku you buy.. the speed difference between the Roku 2 XS and a model from 2016 or newer is night and day.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

To the OP, are you connected via hdmi or composite to your TV?
If hdmi, what model/brand TV are you using.
0 Kudos