Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samy2710
Level 7

Roku 2 4205EU Streaming Media

Hi 

I bought a refurbished unit and when I connect the device to the TV , It takes me straight away to the Now TV channel and I can't go back to the home screen. When I press the return key or home key it does not help to get to the Roku Home Screen. I tested the remote on another Roku device the remote works fine. Is there a way to fix this issue.

Thanks  
0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Level 8

Re: Roku 2 4205EU Streaming Media

Try a factory reset. Locate the reset button and hold it down for at least 30 seconds ignoring anything happening onscreen.

-JT
0 Kudos
samy2710
Level 7

This did not help. Is there a way to re-install the OS 
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"samy2710" wrote:
This did not help. Is there a way to re-install the OS 

The reset is resetting the OS to a "clean" state. It's as close to an OS reinstall as possible. If a hard reset doesn't resolve your issue, the player might be defective.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
samy2710
Level 7

Okay, thanks for your time

Regards
0 Kudos