Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tripmeister
Reel Rookie

Robotic Voice

Jump to solution

I saw your post and tried what you suggested. It worked for me too! Now I have a small, nagging problem. When I am in the Roku mode, every time I go to a new screen I hear this female, robotic voice repeating everything written on the screen. Not a big problem, just annoying. Can you tell me how to get rid of it? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Robotic Voice

Jump to solution

Press the option * key 4 times, it was probably turned on by accident by pressing it 4 times to enable it, if you want to stop it from happening again try the following:

settings> accessibility> scroll down to shortcut> disable

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Press the option * key 4 times, it was probably turned on by accident by pressing it 4 times to enable it, if you want to stop it from happening again try the following:

settings> accessibility> scroll down to shortcut> disable

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
BZGP

Jump to solution

Thank you. Your answers were both correct and worked. Been trying to get rid of robotic voice all dat. 

0 Kudos
sonoayr

Jump to solution

Thanks for this very simple solution to a very very annoying problem.........

This community thing is very helpful to us 'elders'.........Cheers.........sonoayr.

0 Kudos

Re: Robotic Voice removed!

Jump to solution

It worked!  Thanks so so much!  

0 Kudos
bonnierae

getting rid of the robot voice

Jump to solution

After several tries I got it to work.  Thank you.  But why on earth does Roku make it so difficult to find a solution to this annoying problem?  I shouldn't have had to jump through all these hoops to go through this "community" thing.  A simple answer on the Roku help screen would have saved a lot of time.

0 Kudos