Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Reverse Casting

Hi I have a Brand new Roku Express and know you can cast from your Android device to your Roku/TV.

Is it possible to 'reverse cast'? 

That is view what is on your TV, via the Roku, on your Android device.

The reason I ask is that with one TV in my household, if my wife is watching say Freeview, I would like to be able to view what Raku has to offer on my Android tablet.

The Freeview box is on a diiferent HDMI port, so Roku is running on the TV, via another HDMI port.

Since it is running I just want to know if I can tap into it via my Android tablet.

Thanks
Frank

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Reverse Casting

You can install the Roku app from the Android Play Store to your Android device.  It provides a number of Roku functions including remote control ability and a Roku channel selection screen.  With that you can also view programming from THE ROKU CHANNEL, whether it is currently being displayed via your Roku device or not. What it doesn't do is give you the capability of the displaying any channel other than The Roku Channel.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Reverse Casting

Thanks for your quick response!

Frank

0 Kudos