Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Replacing older model Roku with Roku Express+

Jump to solution

Good day and hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

I recently purchased a pair of Roku Express+ devices to replace an older model Roku and a recently purchased Roku Express. I was ready to install the new devices last night and searched the forum for guidance on the replacement process and came up short.

A few questions - Is this process simply a matter of unplugging the old devices and removing them from my account and then plugging in the new devices and registering them?

If this is the case, once powered on and registered, will the new devices retain all my programming info?

Are there any other steps I need to take once the new devices are installed?

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this matter.

Best regards,

V1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Replacing older model Roku with Roku Express+

Jump to solution
Your channel choices are tied to your account, not the individual devices, so the new devices will install your list of channels automatically. Add/delete on one, you add/delefe on all.

On the new devices you'll need to sign in to any channels that require logging in or authentication.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
Your channel choices are tied to your account, not the individual devices, so the new devices will install your list of channels automatically. Add/delete on one, you add/delefe on all.

On the new devices you'll need to sign in to any channels that require logging in or authentication.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the speedy reply and answer to the question during these binge-worthy times. Pray all are healthy!

V1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just set them both up and it was seamless. I even found a show on VEVO called Classic Rock on ROKU that includes videos from artists of the 60's, 70's and 80's. We've been hoping that MTV would be bringing back the videos from the beginning but through this channel "I want my MTV" was achieved. 

0 Kudos