Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Replacement

Previous discussion convinces me my ROKU 4 is worn out so want to replace, 

BUT

too many models and options. what would be an equal replacement.. don't really need any more features.

Suggestions, advice, referals sought

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Replacement

There's only one that would be considered equivalent, and that would be the Ultra. It's the only one with an Ethernet jack and a USB port. The latest Ultra, that will be available tomorrow, updates the USB port to 3.0, but removes the SD card slot. Personally, I've never used the SD card in any of my players. The new Ultra also adds Dolby Vision and AC-4 audio support. If DV isn't important to you, the currently available version (model 4670) might be on sale from some locations since the new one is coming.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Looked and so far the only 4670 is the same price as the new Ultra unless refurbished <?> there are 2 Ultras one is LT but seems to have more features.

Going to Walmart Saturday and will return with one and hope it solves my issue with the 4

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@captnlen wrote:

Looked and so far the only 4670 is the same price as the new Ultra unless refurbished <?> there are 2 Ultras one is LT but seems to have more features.

Going to Walmart Saturday and will return with one and hope it solves my issue with the 4

The LT actually has less features. Unless the Wiki is wrong, it doesn't have a USB port and has half the operating memory (1GB vs. 2GB). 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos