Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Replacement Express + only uses Wi-Fi

Got my replacement Express + and discovered that it requires Wi-Fi, no wired connection. I only have wired ethernet. Did Roku send me the wrong unit?
Suggestions please.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Replacement Express + only uses Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please be aware that the Roku Express+ does not support an ethernet connection. Can you explain more about the Express+ being a replacement? Did you order a replacement device?

Please send me a private message with the your Roku account email address, order numbers(s) that you may have related to this issue, and any other details you can provide. I'll continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue. Mine was a reduced price deal from Roku to replace  a 2XS (which had an Ethernet port and still worked fine} that they are no longer supporting.

Also when I tell it to update channels. It keeps trying to update the same 9 channels. Roku TS was no help. A poor replacement for the 2 XS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Thanks for the notes here. Roku Express models do not offer ethernet connections. If you were using a legacy Roku device and received an upgrade offer, it would've been for a display equivalent (1080P) capable model. 

If you're looking for a replacement device with ethernet support, the only model we currently offer with that feature is the 4K HDR capable Roku Ultra. You can check it out here: https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

Thanks again for sharing the feeback, we'll pass it along to the team. 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Since the "Replacement" you had me buy to replace a model "that will no longer receive updates" is useless to me (since I do not have or use "WiFi", only ethernet) how about instructions on how to return the "ROKU Express +" doorstop that I now own.

0 Kudos