Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madpoe
Level 7

Renaming Linked Device Issue

I've tried renaming/editing my linked device online as well from my cell phone and still receive the following error message: 

There was an unexpected error in the website. The current page will not load. Close and re-open your browser, navigate back to the website, and try repeating your last actions. If the problem persists, please contact our support team. 

Not too long ago I was able to change the name from its original name to read a different name.  Has something changed?  I've closed my browser, restarted with a new page, logged back in, and tried to rename again, and still the same error message.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Renaming Linked Device Issue

The website was having a problem. Try again later.
Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
Ike17
Level 7

I have the same issue.  I see all of my Roku devices listed on the "My Account" page.  But the only options I see are to either Unlink the device or Enable Guest Mode.  I just purchased another Roku and installed the old one in a different room and wish to rename it accordingly.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@Ike17 wrote:

I have the same issue.  I see all of my Roku devices listed on the "My Account" page.  But the only options I see are to either Unlink the device or Enable Guest Mode.  I just purchased another Roku and installed the old one in a different room and wish to rename it accordingly.

Click on the little round black "pencil" icon shown to the upper left of each listed device under the Name column.

If your browser doesn't show it, try a different browser.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ike17
Level 7

Thank you.  I am chagrined to say I simply missed that. 

0 Kudos
Madpoe
Level 7

I've still not solved this.   I've tried changing browser, but I can not edit the name of the roku box.

0 Kudos
Ike17
Level 7

Madpoe - that black circle with the white pencil does show itself at the left of the device and room on both Chrome and the new Edge browser for me. - just as StreamerUser has stated.

0 Kudos
Madpoe
Level 7

Thanks for the reply - I do see the pencil, I go to edit, enter a new name when click to save I still receive the error message.

The website experienced an unexpected problem - There was an unexpected error in the website. The current page will not load. 

0 Kudos