Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xanadu
Channel Surfer

Remote Menu Tones Missing.

Jump to solution

After the recent system update - 22 September 2021.

• Software Version: 10.5.0
  • Build: 4167-AE

I don't have any menu tones when I use the remote control to navigate through the system. I've checked the audio settings and the volume is set to "medium", but it is totally silent.

This problem was not there before the 10.5.0 update.

Anyone else have this problem?

Roku Express - 3930EU.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xanadu
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote Menu Tones Missing.

Jump to solution

A week ago the missing tones came back and they have been working since without any issues.

I have no idea where they went or how they returned, but things are back to normal, now.

Thanks!

Roku Express - 3930EU.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Xanadu 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what TV brand and model are you using
-are you connecting any external devices to your setup (AVR, speakers, etc). if so, what devices?
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Xanadu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

A week ago the missing tones came back and they have been working since without any issues.

I have no idea where they went or how they returned, but things are back to normal, now.

Thanks!

Roku Express - 3930EU.
0 Kudos