Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken430TX
Level 7

Re: Reducing buffering by changing your Roku's bitrate

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on the wired device.  My wireless Roku does not have the same buffering issues.

0 Kudos
devicereview717
Level 7

bitrate cannot be saved

Jump to solution

As a gamer and binger the bitrate adjustment is very nifty(changing 12mb/s to 1mb/s is plenty--better than auto 12mb/s hog, however, it lacks one critical function. There is no way to save this if your roku is unpluged or the power goes out. If you go around the house to to change 4 roku devices manually with bitrate menu..it will work..but only until the power goes out or the very common roku freeze where you have to unplug and plug roku back in (bye bye settings--back to 12/mbs). Everything else saves. Idk why this menu can't be saved. No CMOS battery? lol. Geez what a annoying flaw in my eyes.

0 Kudos
KristieY
Level 7

Jump to solution

Okay, I am old and have no idea what any of this means that everyone is talking about. All I know is every time I try to watch NBC live on my Roku stick it buffers, will not stream and the error code says no valid bitrates. This only happens when I try to watch NBC live. I keep reading everyone say to change the bitrates but where do I go to do this? I do not have a smart tv but I have an hd tv if that means anything. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

If it’s only happening with a single channel, odds are it’s an issue with the channel or the provider. A message about bitrates points toward an issue at the server side, not with the Roku or your Internet connection. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos