Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoriKrazy61
Level 7

I tried to add the Redbox channel and it said “Sorry but we were unable to authenticate your device and can’t continue “ why is that??? I don’t understand why?image.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
1PokieShell
Level 7

Re: Redbox

Jump to solution

@LoriKrazy61 wrote:

I tried to add the Redbox channel and it said “Sorry but we were unable to authenticate your device and can’t continue “ why is that??? I don’t understand why?image.jpg

Mine said the same thing today. I just took the app off of my Roku t.v., reinstalled it & signed back into my Redbox account. Now that Redbox offers live t.v. within its app, it might  just need some kind of update. Or you can do like me & just uninstall, then reinstall & sign back in. Hope that helped 🙂 oh & I also first unlinked my device from the Redbox app on my phone. Not sure if that may have helped my issue as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
1PokieShell
Level 7

Jump to solution

@LoriKrazy61 wrote:

Mine said the same thing today. I just took the app off of my Roku t.v., reinstalled it & signed back into my Redbox account. Now that Redbox offers live t.v. within its app, it might  just need some kind of update. Or you can do like me & just uninstall, then reinstall & sign back in. Hope that helped 🙂 oh & I also first unlinked my device from the Redbox app on my phone. Not sure if that may have helped my issue as well.

View solution in original post

LoriKrazy61
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, @1PokieShell 

okay I never thought of that I’ll try today to see if it works. I appreciate that! Smile 

0 Kudos
Bosslady0752
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  It was working before and then all of a sudden I get the same error.  I tried deleting the channel and then re-adding it but it didn't work.  I called Redbox support and they said call Roku support and then hung up.  But there is no way for me to talk to someone from Roku.  This is SO FRUSTRATING!!!

0 Kudos