Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROKU miracast not working with windows 10 PC. Won't finish loading the connection.

i've been trying to use screen mirroring for a couple weeks with no results or help on any forum. I have a HP windows 10 PC and the Roku express 3900. I followed every single instruction and end up with the same result, which is it will prompt the connection on my TV screen and never finish loading the connection. On my PC end it will say couldn't connect. I checked my PC and says miracast: supported. It is a Roku card. info for my PC mirror cast card is:

Card name: Miracast display port driver V3
Manufacturer: Roku
Chip type: Unknown
DAC type: Unknown
Device Type: Display-Only Device
Device Key: Enum\SWD\WIFIDIRECT
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 3017 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 3017 MB
Current Mode: Unknown
HDR Support: Unknown
Display Topology: Unknown
Display Color Space: Unknown
Color Primaries: Unknown
Display Luminance: Unknown
Driver Name: c:\windows\system32\drivers\umdf\miradisp.dll,c:\windows\system32\drivers\wudfrd.sys
Driver File Version: 10.00.18362.0387 (English)
Driver Version: 10.0.18362.387
DDI Version: 12
Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
Graphics Preemption: DMA
Compute Preemption: DMA
Miracast: Supported
Detachable GPU: No
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
Power P-states: Not Supported
Virtualization: Not Supported
Block List: No Blocks
Catalog Attributes: N/A
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/20/2006 5:00:00 PM, 445952 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown
Device Identifier: Unknown
Vendor ID: 0x1414
Device ID: 0x008C
SubSys ID: 0x00000000
Revision ID: 0x0000
Driver Strong Name: miradisp.inf:53c2dc9353c2dc93:MiraDisp_Inst:10.0.18362.387:WFD\MiracastDisplayDevice
Rank Of Driver: 00FF2000
Video Accel: Unknown
DXVA2 Modes: Unknown
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
D3D9 Overlay: Unknown
DXVA-HD: Unknown
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
MPO MaxPlanes: 0
MPO Caps: Not Supported
MPO Stretch: Not Supported
MPO Media Hints: Not Supported
MPO Formats: Not Supported
PanelFitter Caps: Not Supported
PanelFitter Stretch: Not Supported
BLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Rej_L
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU miracast not working with windows 10 PC. Won't finish loading the connection.

You can use the "Connect' feature through the Action Center. It worked like a charm for me first time out. I don't understand why it's so difficult to get that answered directly. 

0 Kudos

Re: ROKU miracast not working with windows 10 PC. Won't finish loading the connection.

i have tried the action center connect with mine and it ain't doing nothing either

0 Kudos
OkieInCO
Streaming Star

I'm having the same problems. However, I used to be able to connect by going to the Action Center, choosing connect, and choosing my Roku Express+. The TV display will change as if it's connecting, then it goes back to the Roku home page, and my computer says the connection failed.

I'm guessing this happened with the latest Windows update. But, won't know until I contact their support and find out.

0 Kudos
JAB58

My experience is the same. Windows 10 says it cannot connect. The 3900 show progress about a third of the way and stops. There is no problem accessing Roku or Vevo channels but I bought the device to watch content from my PC.

0 Kudos
mraser

I just solved this on 2 pc's.  I use a wired connection for ethernet, and have a wireless adapter for miracast.  Download the microsoft wireless adapter app.  Try and connect...let it fail.  Then go and connect through the action center for miracast.  It creates a microsoft virtual adapter connection.  It has worked for me ever since.  I use realtek adapter driver 1030.31.1113.2018.

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/microsoft-wireless-display-adapter/9WZDNCRFJBB1?hl=en-us&gl=...

0 Kudos