Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
express_user
Reel Rookie

ROKU device connecting to my home computer

My roku device keeps establishing a connection with my home computer, I don't why and how that is happening but it is connecting through port 8060 and occasionally sends  packets through to my PC, I have already disabled mobile app device pairing in roku system settings and yet I still face the same issue. this is super invasive and unacceptable, I'll be waiting for a reply from tech support.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU device connecting to my home computer

First, this isn't tech support.  It's a "community" where users help other users.

What you're seeing is probably your computer querying your Roku via SSDP.  It's nothing to worry about.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
express_user
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU device connecting to my home computer

thank you for leaving a reply.

I have actually disabled SSDP on my PC, so the device trying to connect is beyond me. it seems to only try and establish a connection whenever I open up my browser. and I believe it does not succeed at doing so.

for the most part the 2 devices exchange acknowledgement packets with length: 0. 

still irritating though lol

0 Kudos