Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhampton0010
Channel Surfer

Re: Not enough space message-something worked!

Jump to solution

Based on countless threads and posts related to this issue, this fix and many other suggestions will probably be temporary.  They really need to tell us what to do.  3 people reported that the only permanent fix they had found was to trash the roku and purchase a firestick.

Glennius
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

I traced the Roku YouTube app failure to my cell phone's Chrome app:  It had multiple tabs with YouTube videos on them. So I closed the tabs and YouTube works again! (Perhaps some of the videos were trying to 'cast to screen' at the same time and confused the Roku's error detection firmware.)

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: How to fix error message 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again'

Jump to solution

@gofys @grannym1 

Try this list, especially the highlighted items (#3 and #4)

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System update/Check now - try again

2) Restart Roku: Settings/System/System restart/Restart - try again

3) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

4) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

5) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

6) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart, Add app - try again **

7) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

😎 Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

9) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

** NOTE for #6: Do not remove the YouTube TV app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: How to fix error message 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again'

Jump to solution

@rhampton0010 

They have at least acknowledged the problem, and have resolved it:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Resolved-Channel-launch-issue-quot-Can-t-run-...

Otherwise, if its still not resolved:

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System update/Check now - try again

2) Restart Roku: Settings/System/System restart/Restart - try again

3) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

4) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

5) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

6) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart, Add app - try again

7) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

😎 Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

9) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

NOTE for #6: Do not remove the YouTube TV app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute

0 Kudos
John1958
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Just a note on your note,  ** NOTE for #6: Do not remove the YouTube TV app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute:

If all other steps fail, and removing YouTube TV is your final option, it is possible to go ahead and remove it. YTTV have added a button/link on the YouTube home page that allows us to access YTTV via that site.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@John1958 

Thats correct, but its also been repeated many times.  The point is to warn users who want/prefer to use/keep the YTTV app.

There are some slight differences in functionality when using the YT app to access YTTV, but it suffices otherwise.

The app loading issue is supposed to be resolved (for now) - check for updates: 

Settings/System/System updates/Check now

0 Kudos
SS12

ROKU Won't Play. Not enough space message or Can't reinstall channel message.

Jump to solution

When I try to use my ROKU device and click on a channel I get one of two messages. Either the channel won't play because there isn't enough space. I tried deleting channels as instructed even though the device worked perfectly before with all the channels I was using. That didn't work. The other message is that the channel couldn't be reinstalled. There is no suggestion about how to reinstall the channel.

0 Kudos
jabarryto
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU Won't Play. Not enough space message or Can't reinstall channel message.

Jump to solution

we started getting the same error yesterday

0 Kudos
NVV
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU Won't Play. Not enough space message or Can't reinstall channel message.

Jump to solution

I am still getting the same error on multiple apps. I even applied their "latest" fix by following the steps for a manual update. IT DIDN'T WORK! How is this getting resolved? I have a roku Express. I did a factory reset, which seemed to work on only one roku box.  Im beyond frustrated. Im paying for services I can't use because this issue HAS NOT been resolved as stated. Please let its know how to fix. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @SS12 @jabarryto @NVV

Thanks for the posts.

If you're getting the error 'Can't run channel. Could not be re-installed from the network', we would recommend trying out the solution in this thread as it resolved the issue to some of our customers. However, if the issue persisted, click here and follow @RokuDanny-R's latter instructions so we can further investigate the problem.

Meanwhile, we'll be closing out this thread and we suggest updating us in the thread linked above.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos