Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU STICK

My Roku stick heats up and then it stops working.  Is there a way to replace a Roku stick?  Serial #5S56A2198833   Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: ROKU STICK

@enreval wrote:

My Roku stick heats up and then it stops working.  Is there a way to replace a Roku stick?  Serial #5S56A2198833   Thank you!

The first thing to try with a Stick is an HDMI cable extender to move the Stick away from the TV. Roku offers a free one, but it's pretty short. I picked up a 6 foot cable to use when I travel to let me position the Stick wherever I want, or sometimes to reach a power outlet easier. 

I can't tell what model you have by the serial number. If it's the Purple Stick (model 3500), you might consider replacing it. There are a number of new channels that are not supported on that player, such as Peacock, Disney+ and others. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos