Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenno

ROKU EXPRESS NEEDS A SLEEP TIMER!!

Anybody else NEED a sleep timer on the roku. Perhaps in a new update? My wifi gets wasted when I fall asleep with my roku on. Although I use bandwith saver it doesnt always shut off. This could be really beneficial to the roku community please consider adding this feature!!

4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU EXPRESS NEEDS A SLEEP TIMER!!

Hi @jenno,

We appreciate your post.

Currently, the Sleep timer feature is available on Roku TV. Feel free to check on our blog at blog.roku.com for any future announcements or updates.

You may also share or suggest a feature request here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Suggest-a-Feature/bd-p/Wishlist

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

A lot of different timers under $20 you can plug into wall yourself.  Some have simple buttons (1hr, 2hr, etc), some have dials, some are smart wifi and app-driven).  Others have multiports and integrate into your hubs.  You can even use the ones you use for your Christmas lights if you have one laying around.

If you do a search for "wall outlet timers" you will see many different ideas.  If you start to use one of these, then will cut power to express at desired sleep time. No power=no bandwidth used.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wall+outlet+timer&ref=nb_sb_noss_2   

May be a good idea until Roku begins to include this feature.  I have a couple that are similar to this type. 

https://www.amazon.com/Century-Digital-Countdown-Repeat-Function/dp/B01D3QEK4E/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
KKsleeptimer
Reel Rookie

I've also been looking for a Roku player with a sleep timer for bedroom tv.  It's not clear if any of them support this. I just bought the Roku Streaming Stick + and was very disappointed when the notification it gave me (after trying to set it up multiple ways)  finally then with the voice command said "Sleep timers are not available on this device".  Now I'm not sure what to buy.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

As posted earlier only Roku tv's have sleep timers. A Roku tv is an actual tv with screen, unlike apple tv or fire tv which don't have screen. They do have Fire tv with screen, but the non-screen fire sticks are called tv's too. No stand alone roku model have sleep timers.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos