Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU DEVICE OVERHEATING

IT SEEMS THE ROKU COMPANY HAS NO RESOLUTION TO THE "ROKU DEVICE OVERHEATING".  I'VE READ HUNDREDS OF POSTS ON THIS ISSUE AND NO SUCCESSFUL FIXES.  AFTER ONLY THREE MONTHS I'MNOW CONSTANTLY GETTING THE ALERTS WHILE WATCHING T.V.  NO RED LIGHTS ON THE STICK, JUST THE FLASHING WHITE LIGHT.  I TRIED TO REQUEST THIS MYTHICAL "HDMI EXTENDER" AND ALAS, THE SERIAL NUMBER ON MY DEVICE IS NOT VALID. WTH????  WELL GUYS I THINK WE'RE ON OUR OWN WITH THIS ONE.  IF YOU KNOW OF A "SOLUTION", FEEL FREE TO SHARE GUYS.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ROKU DEVICE OVERHEATING

I have the same issue. A message displays an Overheating Warning, with no red light.  I have a Roku Premier.  I tried to put in the serial number for the Extender but it doesn't recognize my SN.  Are the SN zeros or "O"s. Could that be why it's not recognizing the number.

Does anyone one have an answer for this? Who can we talk to about this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ROKU DEVICE OVERHEATING

Unfortunately there is no one in the ROKU company to help us.  It's been about two weeks and I'm still getting the alert that my "device is overheating".  There is no fix and we have to deal with it.  Each evening i just unplug the cable and power cord from the device and allow it to cool down overnight. However it only takes about 5 minutes, once plugged back up, to start with the annoying "device overheating" flashing constantly across my t.v. screen. No worries, there's always other streaming services out there to consider. 

0 Kudos