Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

RCAL7R remote

Will the above remote function with either a 3920 Premiere or a 3810R Streaming Stick +?  I really would like the headphone capability on this remote control.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: RCAL7R remote

I have no idea what remote that is. A Google search turns up nothing. The only way to get headphone remote audio is either with some of the Roku remotes that support it, or if your TV's remote supports it and the Roku audio goes through your TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Andy,
I must have read the features on this remote wrong (too late or too much turkey maybe).  This remote is the voice remote.  I think it is the same unit that came with my Streaming tick +.  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/roku-voice-remote-black/6367484.p?skuId=6367484
I also see there is a upgrade Streaming Stick exclusive to Best Buy that has the remote I would really like to have.  I don't see where the remote is available for separate purchase or if it would even work with my existing unit.  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/roku-streaming-stick-4k-headphone-edition-with-voice-remote-with-tv-pow...
I do appreciate you reply although I wish the answer was different...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

From what I can tell, the Roku Enhanced Voice Remote looks like only Roku 4, Premiere and Ultra models support the headphone audio on the remote.

RokuRemotes.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

The second remote down on the accessory page has headphone jack, its the same remote furnished with new 2019 ultra. With 1 & 2 keys that can hold voice search prompts, like say youtube tv. It also has a mute key.

The RC-AL7 which is sold separately at walmart, best buy, and on amazon doesn't have a headphone jack, what makes this different say rc-al2 is the mute key on rc-al7. 

Edmund
0 Kudos