Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jo2
Level 7

Quick shortcut Question

My roku 4K streaming stick often switches to one of the bottom 4 shortcuts when they are pressed accidentally. I thought there was supposed to be an option that pops up and asks if you want to switch apps?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jo2
Level 7

Re: Quick shortcut Question

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Yes, I thought they added that quite a while ago. I haven't bumped a button on a long while. Is it immediately switching when you are using a different channel, or only if you're on the home screen? I think you have to be using a different channel before the warning appears. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jo2
Level 7

Dan thanks for the response... it looks like on some software patch they must have gotten rid of it because on both my 2 Rokus (different models) if a shortcut is hit it jumps right to it.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

I just tried it on one of my Roku TVs.  If I'm at the home screen, it jumps to the shortcut channel immediately. If I am using a channel (I tried YouTube), when I hit the shortcut button the "Are you sure" message appeared at the bottom of the screen. So it appears it's still there, but only functional if you're using a channel and not on the home screen. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jo2
Level 7

I just tried it with YouTubeTV and it immediately takes me to whatever app is clicked. I tried it before with Netflix and the same thing happened. I’m using version 9.2 I looked through the settings and it doesn’t seem to be an option I can change.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Ok, looks like something is broken. I tried it on Prime Video and Roku Media Player, and both times was taken completely out of what I was watching. YouTube was the only one that provided me with the prompt.

@RokuTannerD @RokuDanny-R , we have a problem here. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Jo2
Level 7

Okay so I’m not going crazy 😜 thanks for checking that
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jo2 @atc98092 Thanks for noting this. I'll pass the observation along to the team. 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos