Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thrawn4000
Binge Watcher

Question about app settings on Roku Ultra when either resetting current device or buying new device

I have a general question about the app settings on my Roku Ultra and Roku devices in general when either resetting the existing device to factory settings to start fresh or when buying a new Roku device.  I made some changes to my Roku account on the Roku web site to update my account information and personalized some settings.  I also did some customized settings on the apps on my Roku Ultra device such as YouTube, Disney+, and HBO Max.   I have decided that I would like to start fresh with my Roku Ultra device at some point in the near future by either resetting it back to factory settings and re-inserting my Roku account information at the setup process or when I replace it.

My question is if I either reset my existing Roku device to factory settings or buy a new Roku device and complete the setup process, will the apps like the ones I just mentioned also return to their factory settings after I setup and register my Roku device and log in to the apps with my streaming accounts?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Question about app settings on Roku Ultra when either resetting current device or buying new dev

Yes - though some apps/services that utilize SSO (Single Sign On) may already be authenticated/activated/signed in, but you otherwise will have to change other settings again (such settings are per device/install).

Thrawn4000
Binge Watcher

Re: Question about app settings on Roku Ultra when either resetting current device or buying new dev

Thank you for the response.  I know it has been a while, but I have a couple of related questions.  I had done some experimenting with settings with my 2019 Roku Ultra while experimenting with settings on my Smart TV to determine the best settings for my TV viewing needs.  I did several factory resets on the Roku.  With the exception of Amazon Prime, YouTube and YouTube TV, my other streaming apps which require username and password information, were already automatically logged into my accounts.  Also, whenever I completed the setup process on the Roku device, either after factory resetting the existing one, or buying a new device, my existing apps are automatically loaded onto the home screen.   After my previous 2019 model Roku Ultra went bad, I replaced it with a 2020 Roku Ultra.  Both during the setup (if I remember correctly) and when I did the factory reset to troubleshoot some issues, again with the exception of the Amazon Prime and YouTube related apps, my other streaming apps were already logged back into my accounts.  However, I came to the conclusion that my 2020 Roku Ultra was defective and got it replaced with another 2020 Roku Ultra.  When I completed the device setup and was at the home screen, my apps were there, but I had to manually log back into my apps that required usernames/emails and passwords. 

My questions are:

1.  If I have to manually log back into my streaming apps after the setup process after either factory resetting an existing Roku device or purchasing a new Roku device, would the streaming apps be in their factory default settings both before and after I logged into them?

2.  If my streaming apps are already automatically logged into my accounts after the setup process after either factory resetting my existing Roku device or purchasing a new Roku device, would the apps that were already logged into still be in their factory default settings or would they still have my custom settings if I made changes to those apps' settings?

Thanks again.  

0 Kudos
Thrawn4000
Binge Watcher

Is there someone available to answer my updated questions?

0 Kudos