Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psilobite
Level 9

Purchased screensavers all reset to "Buy" every time going into settings

I'm on a Roku Ultra 4660X running software 9.0.0 Build 4083-46 (the latest).

I didn't have purchased screensavers before, only free ones.

Tonight I added six purchased screensavers.

If I go into "Settings" -> "Screensaver" -> "Change Screensaver" and select one of the installed screensavers, I see the text "Buy $X.XX" as the first option, as though I had not purchased the screensaver. If I select the "Buy" option, I get, "Complete purchase / Please confirm your purchase. / $X.XX will be charged to your Roku account. / Purchase / Cancel".

If I select "Purchase," it gives me an "Adding..." box, even though the channel is already added. Then I have the correct options ("Preview screensaver /  Set as screensaver / Change screensaver settings / Remove screensaver").

Now, if I exit, go to "Home" on Roku (press Home button on remote), then go back into "Settings" -> "Screensaver" -> "Change Screensaver", I again see the text "Buy $X.XX" as the first option, as though I had not purchased the screensaver. I have to select the "Buy" option to configure the screensaver again.

When I go to https://my.roku.com/account/purchases, it does not show any additional invoices past the initial purchase for the screensaver. So it does not appear that I am being charged when I click "Buy" on the installed purchased screensaver.

I checked my bank and it does not appear that clicking "Buy" on the installed purchased screensaver causes a charge. But, it's certainly not good for a user / customer to see text that says they have to buy something they already purchased, then see text that says "Complete purchase."

The installed purchased screensaver does work after exiting the configuration and hitting the "Home" button.

I did try doing an update / restart of the Roku. It had no effect on the above issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Purchased screensavers all reset to "Buy" every time going into settings

"Psilobite" wrote:
I'm on a Roku Ultra 4660X running software 9.0.0 Build 4083-46 (the latest).

I didn't have purchased screensavers before, only free ones.

Tonight I added six purchased screensavers.

If I go into "Settings" -> "Screensaver" -> "Change Screensaver" and select one of the installed screensavers, I see the text "Buy $X.XX" as the first option, as though I had not purchased the screensaver. If I select the "Buy" option, I get, "Complete purchase / Please confirm your purchase. / $X.XX will be charged to your Roku account. / Purchase / Cancel".

If I select "Purchase," it gives me an "Adding..." box, even though the channel is already added. Then I have the correct options ("Preview screensaver /  Set as screensaver / Change screensaver settings / Remove screensaver").

Now, if I exit, go to "Home" on Roku (press Home button on remote), then go back into "Settings" -> "Screensaver" -> "Change Screensaver", I again see the text "Buy $X.XX" as the first option, as though I had not purchased the screensaver. I have to select the "Buy" option to configure the screensaver again.

When I go to https://my.roku.com/account/purchases, it does not show any additional invoices past the initial purchase for the screensaver. So it does not appear that I am being charged when I click "Buy" on the installed purchased screensaver.

I checked my bank and it does not appear that clicking "Buy" on the installed purchased screensaver causes a charge. But, it's certainly not good for a user / customer to see text that says they have to buy something they already purchased, then see text that says "Complete purchase."

The installed purchased screensaver does work after exiting the configuration and hitting the "Home" button.

I did try doing an update / restart of the Roku. It had no effect on the above issue.

Confirming issue. For me, this appears to be only impacting recent purchases. Older screensavers, purchased June 2018 and earlier, work as expected. I only have a few, though, so that may not be a fair description of the issue, but is accurate insofar as what I'm seeing.

However, a screensaver purchased tonight ("Aquarium Screensaver" by TheEndless, longtime available but not previously purchased) exhibits the described behavior.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

Question, I have the same thing happening, however, I have been charged and I cannot apply the screensaver. Any suggestions? I've restarted, checked for updates. Going back to the screensaver it asks "Remove?" Yet the is nothing to remove.

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note. A couple questions here: 

- Which screensaver did you purchase? 
- What specific model of Roku device do you own? 
- Did you go to Settings>System>System update>Check now and try running an update? After doing this, does the screensaver appear on your device? 

Keep me posted and we'll continue investigating, if need! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos