Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Properly installed microsd card in Roku 3 reads not installed under settings...home

Recently installed a microsd card in my Roku 3.  It never asked me to format the card when I next turned it on.  I looked at system...settings...home and the menu for microsd card says not installed.  Anyone encounter this? The metal contacts of the microsd card face upwards as instructed by the Roku website.  In fact the card will not even go into the slot if turned upside down.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Properly installed microsd card in Roku 3 reads not installed under settings...home

A lot of people have reported problems with their microSD cards, so you're not alone.  Make sure it's inserted fully.  It should be flush with the case and you have to use your fingernail or something to push it in farther than the case until it clicks into place.

If you're sure it's in all the way, try formatting it on a computer first.  You can also try various sequences of having the card inserted and power applied to the Roku.

0 Kudos